MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT
BROTHERHOOD OF LOCOMOTVE ENGINEERS AND TRAINMEN
(Former BN Northline GCA)
BNSF RAILWAY COMPANY
To recognize and reward fuel efficient train handling practices, the BNSF has developed
a Fuel MVP program. Therefore, the parties agree to a new fuel savings incentive
program for locomotive engineers.
Each locomotive engineer who applies best practices on an eligible crew district to
enhance fuel efficiency and reaches certain fuel efficiency benchmarks will receive a
$100 or $50 fuel card for their personal use based on the following criteria:
1. These awards will be given each month in each eligible crew
district 1 pool based on fuel efficiency performance for the two
(2) previous months. All locomotive engineers operating in
through freight service on an eligible crew district/pool will be
enrolled in the Fuel MVP program.
2. To be eligible for a fuel card, locomotive engineers must be
working on an eligible crew district/pool and complete a
minimum of six (6) qualifying through freight runs on that
designated crew district/pool during a sixty (60) day period. All
through freight trains are eligible for the program. Fuel goals
will be adjusted based on train type.
3. Engineers who rank in the top 10% for fuel efficiency on their
qualifying crew seniority district/pool will receive a $100 fixed
4. Engineers who rank in the top 20% for fuel efficiency on their
qualifying crew seniority district/pool will receive a $50 fuel
5. Both fuel card allowances are considered as income and will be
grossed up for tax purposes.
This agreement is made on a non-prejudicial basis, and shall not
be used or referred to as precedent for any other document or
This agreement to remain in effect until fifteen (15) days after one signatory party having
served a notice of cancellation upon the other party.