Superior CO 1 BK XB Overlay Agreement
This Agreement establishes a scheduled work/rest cycle for employees assigned to the Conductor and Brakemen Extra Boards headquartered at Superior, Wisconsin.
1. Employees assigned to the Conductor and Brakemen Extra Boards will be allocated work/rest cycles by the Carrier at the Carrier's sole discretion. A work/rest cycle is defined as seven (7) consecutive days during which an employee is available for or performs work (the work cycle) followed by three (3) consecutive rest days (the rest cycle).
2. An employee on this work/rest Extra Board who requests to lay off during the assigned rest window will be laid off during the assigned rest cycle and automatically marked up upon expiration of his rest cycle or lay off time Superior CO I BK XB Overlay Agreement 1 0911 6/05 requested as required in Section 1 above. Rest cycles will begin at 7:00 a.m. or upon tie up from previous duty, whichever is later.
3. The computation of any applicable guarantee will be governed by the existing agreements at this location.
4. An employee, who marks off completely within his assigned rest cycle(s) and stays marked up during his assigned work cycle, will not be considered to be in violation of any attendance guidelines or policies related to attendance then in effect, regardless of the number of weekend or total days absent. To allow for "emergencies" the employee can take one unpaid layoff in each month, or if the employee remains on the overlay board for three consecutive months, three unpaid days off during any three-month rolling period.
5. When regulation of this board calls for a reduction in the number of turns, the junior employee will be reduced from the pool. If the junior employee owns a work/rest cycle that will remain on the pool, that cycle will be reassigned to the junior employee within the cycle needing reduced. The employee's position on the board will not change when reassigned to a new cycle.
6. Employees exercising displacement rights onto an assignment in this Extra Board must displace the junior employee and will assume the work/rest cycle of the employee or position to which they displace. Superior CO 1 BK XB Overlay Agreement 2
7. This Agreement is designed to provide scheduled time off for employees and meet the needs of service without increasing the economic factors involved.
8. This Agreement may be cancelled by either party serving ten days' written notice on the other party.
9. This Agreement only modifies existing agreements to the extent set forth, and all other schedule rules, agreements and/or other rights remain in effect.
10. Any existing work/rest cycle program agreement applicable to this Extra Board is cancelled simultaneously with the effective date of this Agreement.
This Agreement is effective September 16,2005.
FOR THE UNITEDTRANSPORTATION UNION:
J. D. Fitzgerald
FOR THE BURLINGTON NORTHERN
K. J. McGinn